Cheap travel abroad is not synonymous with inferior conditions. It is about having your cake and eating it to, by knowing what to look for in affordable alternatives. Take advantage of low-cost air fare, affordable lodging and inexpensive meals to double your opportunities for travel. That way you can travel whenever and wherever you want.
Accommodations and Meals
- Research cheap airfare. The airlines are scrambling for your business. Hold out for the lowest rates.
- Check out hostels. They are cheaper than hotels and most come with free internet access.
- Eat where the locals eat instead of at fancy restaurants. And eat your largest meal at lunch when prices are at their cheapest
- Instead of spending your time in a museum, go hiking or camping.
- Travel to South and Central America where you can enjoy a gourmet meal for less than lunch at a fast food place back home.
- Walk or rent a bike. This is the cheapest way to discover international destinations. It is good for the heart and the soul.
Cruising Tips for Cheap Travel Abroad
- Find out about any added costs before booking.
- Buy everything you need like sunscreen, mosquito repellent and bottled water before boarding. These items are much more expensive on the ship.
- Keep ship tours to a minimum. Take a cab and do your own sightseeing. You will avoid the crowds and pocket plenty of savings.
Use these tips for cheap travel abroad to save a ton of money by staying at hostels instead of hotels and holding out for the lowest airline rates. And when going on a cruise find out about any added costs. They can add up. Knowing what to look for when traveling will save you enough money to come back and do it again. And again.